14 June 2010

Such a sun-burned weekend..

This weekend was great. Michael and I went to Folsom Lake on Saturday morning, my very first time ever, with Richard, Joanne, and Jeremy. It was lots of fun despite the cold, cold water, wind, and sun burn. Not the best mix. Sunday was great as well. We had a special luncheon with family in celebration of the new life in Richard and Joanne's family, Cody. It was a long and busy weekend, but we had much fun and memories were made. 

As everyday passes, my thoughts are mostly filled with plans and details for our big day to come. Some days are better than others, let me say, but mostly, the anticipation is what kills me. It's funny to me when people say, "November is so soon, aren't you stressed?!" Normally I say that it is, "not soon enough," but I know in my heart that everything will work out according to God's will. It's not about the wedding, but the marriage that we will build in our lives and for our children to come. 

I've been to several weddings, seen them on television, etc. It always pains me to see the meaning essentially stripped out of it. If you are creating your union, yet not living your life for God, to whom is this union committed to? Don't get me wrong, the ceremony is symbolic and traditional, but I don't understand why sometimes the focus can be strayed to 'how perfect' things need to be. It just doesn't seem right..

That's my small tangent for the day. However brief it may seem on here, it is not so in my mind. :P

Blessings to you all this day, may it set a great tone for your week. :)

xoxo, krissy

But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure. Romans 8:25

PS. I am much obliged if you are reading this. It most certainly humbles me that people may possibly want to read what I have to say. So, thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment